Thursday, May 22, 2008

MY FIRST DIP

 
MY FIRST  DIP
 
Dateline:  Wednesday 21st May 2008
Location:  Brockwell Lido, Herne Hill, London SE24 0PA 
Time:  1230pm - 1330pm
Water temperature:  60f / 15c  (or so they said)
Weather:  cloudy with sunny intervals
 
HOW LUCKY WE ARE TO BE IN ENGLAND, NOW THAT OUR BEAUTIFUL LIDO IS OPEN
 
As the proud owner of Adult Concession Season Ticket 2005910, I had the great good fortune to be in our beautiful Lido on the opening day of the new season.  I had the pool to myself for most of the time, and the water temperature was just fine.  As there are now three swimming lanes installed, one cannot do widths very easily, so I set out to do, and completed, 10 lengths.  There were no Mallards to join me this time, but I was told that they do visit often, and chase off any other Mallards who dare to drop in. 
 
I have to visit the Lido 30 times to get my money's worth, which I shall certainly endeavour to do, but as I said last time, today's swim alone was worth £105 of anybody's money.  I look forward to meeting you in the Lido one day soon.
 
Good wishes and kind regards,
 
Robert.   

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]