Saturday, March 22, 2008

BUS 201........ A LAMENT TO TfL

For the past three years we have been putting forward a very serious case for a short extension to bus route 201, which would mean that it would still serve Herne Hill, but also create some new transport links and remove it from small side-streets such as Hurst and Rymer streets.

The following summarises the proposal in a more lighthearted way --

The lamp in my study is burning bright
(And likely to do so into the night)
While pipistrelle flutters and tawny owl hoots
I'm poring at length on a couple of routes:
The previous evening I was also up late
Re the Herne Hill stop for the X68.

Now at early morning and setting sun
I'm turning my thoughts to the 201 --
It's a hard-working bus and deserves this mention
But would be even better with a short extension....
Sleep calls, with its gentle soothing "lullage",
When I'll dream of the 201 to North Dulwich..........

A happy Easter to all readers of our blog

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]